Secret of Concentration by Swami Sarvapriyananda (PART_5) - Spirituality Religion

Header Ads

Secret of Concentration by Swami Sarvapriyananda (PART_5)

The secret of Concentration by Swami Sarvapriyananda (PART_5)


Sri Ramakrishna

Sri Ramakrishna


what not even issues related to the environment where you are working but you get flow at that time you tend to forget all it is one of the characteristics of concentration 
why do you forget the answer is again simply because you don't have more than 126 bits per second so your mind will not dwell on those things if you put most of it into the object of concentration so this tremendous focus 
Swami Vivekananda says to me the very essence of education is the concentration of mind, not the collecting of facts the difference between an ordinary person and a great person lies in the degree of concentration and you know when I read this long ago I read this was from Swami Vivekananda I 
was not very convinced because as to think that difference between an ordinary person and a great person lies in so many dimensions of human personality why only concentration one the day 
I had a revelation I saw another Swami who is also an alumnus of IIT Kanpur long back he joined the order 
long back he was studying studying into this relaxing on with on the bed you like to spread out in front sitting and reading a book I came in front of him and I asked him in Hindi Marathi Khepera hey what are you reading no one said he's reading 
Sri Ramakrishna

Sri Ramakrishna

I am standing in front of him he cannot see me he's reading I asked him again no answer I've bent forward and you know his foot was spread out in front, it's like what spread out in front and his foot and his big toe 
I caught hold of that and shook it what are you reading you won't believe it he did not feel it the focus he is in the book is so much now you understand 126 bits maybe 120 bits is on that book he cannot feel somebody touching him when I came when I stepped forward and 
I just raised the book to see the title he got a shock which means such tremendous focus there are so many stories about Swami Vivekananda those who have read his life they know that how in Bellaire mutt we're used to staying his disciple Sharad Chandra when they came upon him reading the Encyclopedia Britannica in those days nowadays if 
I say Encyclopedia Britannica somebody's reading it most of the students just like you all you 
know say okay could be what's so great about it because you see in the nowadays Encyclopedia Britannica is one DVD but if you see the old set huge days to and earlier in those days, this needs to be this leather-bound volume 
so I heard when the set would arrive in the library they would strengthen the shelves of the library with wooden planks so that it will not Bend you know catenaries will become so that set is there and 
so I'm the awakened is reading it and this disciple comes and asks Swamiji so many books fat books it's impossible for a human being to finish it in one lifetime and Swamiji said what are you saying I have gone through nine volumes and here 
Sri Ramakrishna

Sri Ramakrishna


I'm on the tenth volume, you can ask me anything from the nine volumes this is story well-known story and 
Sharad Chandra, actually he went and picked up books at random and he asked questions at random and Swamiji answered all of that in this he says in some places the exact language down to the comma and the full stop also this was fantastic and he asked 
so I was awakened the how is this possible and 
Swamiji said with concentration and purity one can do it and anybody can do it everybody has this capacity so 
so I'm very kind to say is the difference between an ordinary person and a great person lies in the degree of concentration this is the 
symbol of the Ramakrishna mission Swami Vivekananda designed it and many of you may know the meaning I'll just tell you in a couple of sentences basic idea is that the Sun which is rising at the back represents knowledge the wavy waters represent 
work the Lotus represents bhakti devotion and the snake encircling all of it represents concentration meditation so by a combination of knowledge work devotion and concentration or meditation one realizes this one there represents the Paramatma God 
spiritual reality whatever you call it the spiritual reality is realized by a combination of my yoga work spiritualize work Gianni yoga the part of knowledge but Tioga the path of devotion and raja yoga the path of meditation okay this is the basic idea but 
Sri Ramakrishna

Sri Ramakrishna



why I put it here is for this snake alone the snake represents meditation concentration and Swami Vivekananda writes in one place the meaning of the symbol is this and the snake the serpent represents concentration I'm just so interesting 
I was going through this book it's a recent book called wrapped as in attention immersed in something and this author this lady Winifred Gallagher she's done research on attention and she's in this book in one place she says 
she has no connection with Ramakrishna mission she does not know anything any of these things I think so at least she says the best the symbol 
I can think about for concentration is this Cobra with a we know within with its hood it is expanded hood best symbol
 I was amazed you this is the exact same idea which Swami Vivekananda puts forward as a symbol for concentration and why is it so because of she says all the elements central elements of concentration are here this is one lesson 
we must take away from here what is the central elements just remember this the picture of this snake first of all a mental bearing down on a subject 
what does the Cobra human's going to eat a rat or a frog-like a bearing down 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.